Who we are looking for
Mercatus is seeking passionate Sales Executives to source and close new opportunities in the EMEA region, the APAC region, and in North America. There are five key areas of focus to this role:
- Evaluate and prepare business plans for each assigned account, which involves evaluating the customer profile, creating value messaging, targeting key steps needed to execute, etc.
- Build top of funnel and pipeline through events, networking, cold outreach, etc.
- Move opportunities through the pipeline to close which includes managing the process end to end and pulling in the necessary resources to support along the way.
- Drive timely and accurate sales forecasting through effective and consistent use of Mercatus’ customer relationship and insight collection tools.
- Help define / evolve and evaluate the target list of accounts.
This job is assigned a set of target accounts and a sales quota and performance is measured by meeting or exceeding annual targets. This position reports to VP of Sales and Account Management and will work closely with our Marketing and Solution Engineer team members.
What you will be responsible for
As Sales Executive you will
- Target Private Market fund and asset managers.
- Identify prospects and evaluate their position in the industry; research and analyze customers that can act quickly and decisively.
- Identify and maintain key executive decision makers, convert them to sponsors and coach through the buying cycle.
- Obtain deep understanding of prospective customer’s business teaching them something new and provocative about how to grow and compete.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of qualified prospects.
- Navigate through complex negotiations, determine pricing and contractual agreements to close the sale.
- Continually network to strengthen relationships with new potential partners.
- Ensure that information relating to sales activities, and business issues are available to senior management in a timely fashion for input/guidance.
- Promote the use of sales teaming and executive calling in support of your sales efforts.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn, understand, and solution client business problems.
- Sell complex service engagements and creatively seek alternative solutions where necessary.
- Drive business results and move the team from vendor to trusted advisor.
- Outside sales position, physically at customer location when needed for business development, prospecting, contract negotiations, etc.
- Partner with channel partners to understand their business, creatively adopt programs to drive new revenue, and expand business partner relationships
What we value
- Proven track record of consistent quota attainment ideally with on premise, SaaS, or a hybrid model experience
- Strong team, selling and leadership skills.
- Experience with direct and indirect selling channels.
- Highly driven, determined & business oriented.
- Highly polished executive presence and sophistication to gain credibility with the firm’s most senior professionals and provide leadership, guidance, and direction to a team.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on assigned responsibilities through commitment to quality and attention to detail.
Education and Preferred Qualifications>
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of enterprise sales experience, preferably within the private markets sector and/or technology sector.
- Ability to travel as required for customer engagements (~30%-50%), including internationally
Mercatus is an investment data management platform for private market fund managers and asset owners. In September 2021, Mercatus was acquired by State Street to launch State Street Alpha for Private Markets solution, which allows investors to manage the entire lifecycle of their infrastructure, private equity, real estate and private debt investments through a fully integrated, front-to-back, single platform. Alpha for Private Markets solves data challenges in portfolio monitoring, deal management, valuation management, and ESG. It is the only platform that enables scenario analysis and valuations at scale at the asset and fund-level through its patented ModelSync Technology.