Mercatus is a fast-growing SaaS data management platform company that is migrating the multi-trillion-dollar private investment market into the cloud just like has been done for other industries in the global economy. As the leading platform for managing the complexity of today’s private market investment data, we offer a single solution for fund managers’ data, from deal to divestment, asset to fund, and equity to debt. Many of the largest alternative investors and asset owners leverage Mercatus to manage over $525B of assets and investments across 118 countries and 11 asset classes. These include renewable energy assets, therefore, enabling the world’s migration to clean energy. Mercatus is headquartered in Silicon Valley with team members across the globe including London, Rome, Austin, and India.
We’re building a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With many opportunities for growth and leadership, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them. Our team is a smart, hardworking group of people who enjoy working together and come from diverse backgrounds and different walks of life which gives us a true melting pot of shared ideas and experiences.
As a Sales Associate, you’ll help Account Executives cultivate leads and sell Mercatus to prospects. You will be an integral part of the team that drives pipeline growth. As you grow and show success, you’ll begin to nurture deals of your own, with generous commission structures.
Mercatus is looking for a Sales Associate to build, improve, and manage the Top of Funnel sales process for target accounts. Mercatus clients include some of the largest Private Market fund managers and asset owners across the globe. Your main goal will be to generate opportunities for Account Executives through warm marketing lead hand-offs, cold outreach, ABM strategies, developing relationships with key decision-makers, and any other effective methods. This position would collaborate with Marketing and Sales to solidify a prospecting and lead generation strategy, prove its success, and then begin to scale.
- Develop, maintain, and grow a pipeline of new business opportunities to deliver to the Account Executive team with documented activity
- Research target accounts to better understand the client’s business and identify key inflection points or areas where Mercatus’ platform can add value to client firm
- Successfully prospect, educate, and convert conversations into Sales opportunities
- Follow up on warm marketing leads and do cold outreach with the goal of setting qualified meetings
- Uncover and understand prospects’ business challenges through account research and discovery calls
- Schedule and conduct introductory meetings with prospects, give high-level demos, and clearly define next steps
- Create, test, and implement a repeatable and scalable opportunity generation process
- Establish relations with top organizational leaders and the C-suite. Must be comfortable talking with senior-level execs to sell multi-million-dollar SaaS licensing contracts
- Collaborate between Marketing and Sales throughout the entire lifecycle
- 2+ years in demand generation, investment banking, or a role in private markets
- Enthusiasm and passion for financial markets
- Experience/knowledge of private market asset managers/investors
- Experience selling to investment teams, department heads, and C-Suite executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you are a clear, concise, and compelling storyteller
- Possess strong presentation skills with the ability to tailor sales pitches to unique customer pains and being able to adapt based on customer reactions
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- Self-starter – you’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce preferred
Common Example Areas You Will Have to Be Able to Discuss and Understand
- Asset Management
- Scenario Analysis
- Portfolio Monitoring
- Investor Reporting
- Operational, Financial, and Transactional data